The Mathematics Policy aims to help children to:
- apply computational skills with speed and accuracy;
- understand the application of various mathematical ideas in the home, classroom, school and local environment;
- develop mathematical language effectively for practical application;
- have enjoyment and enthusiasm for learning through practical activity, exploration and discussion;
- develop the ability to solve problems through decision-making and reasoning in a range of contexts;
- develop a practical understanding of the ways in which information is gathered and presented;
- teach them to explore features of shape and space and develop measuring skills in a range of contexts.