Autumn Term 2020
- Capital letters and full stops, letters below the line and how to use joined up writing. Using interesting starters.
- Asking questions and how to use question marks and speech marks.
- How we use nouns, proper nouns, verbs, adverbs and a variety of joining words.
- How we use commas in lists.
- Spellings – Test and practice every week (Following Spelling scheme blends).
- Grammar – revise sentence structure: capital letters / full stops / finger spaces. Introduce use and exclamation marks. Linking sentences with connectives start to add adjectives.
- How we use apostrophes for missing letters and for possession.
- Fiction – story planning / settings / events / order / characters.
- Non-Fiction – use / layout of texts.
- Reading – individual and shared reading / reading comprehension.
Revising and consolidating:
- Place value and Money, representing 2-digit numbers in different way.
- Make amounts and giving change.
- Addition / Subtraction – learning and using number facts.
- Addition / Subtraction using multiples of 10.
- Ordering numbers and number names
- Number patterns and doubling numbers.
- Money – recognising coins 1p/2p/5p/10p/20p/50p£1,£2 and £5
- Money – using 5p/10p/20p to buy/give change.
- Counting in 2’s,5’s,10’s,11’s – odd and even numbers.
- 2D / 3D shapes – name, use and discuss properties, dividing into halves and quarters
- Time – Analogue: o’clock telling the time and units of time, time related problems
- Measuring length ,weight and capacity..
- Sorting – introduce Venn diagram.
- The Domestic church the family-God’s love and care for every family.– The love and care shown in families. God’s love and care for every family.
- Baptism and Confirmation-the signs and symbols in Baptism. Belonging to different groups. Baptism is an invitation to belong to God’s family.
- Preparation – Advent is a time to prepare for the coming of Jesus.
- How do we prepare for Christmas?
Animals including Humans.
Health and growth.
Black History Month October.
Firework night/Guy Fawkes
Maps, diagrams, globes and aerial photographs.
The United Kingdom.
The study of Scotland the western isles and a comparison to the city of Edinburgh.
Observational drawing linked to - All about me
RE links illustrated through various mediums.
History links illustrating topics with various mediums.
Science link illustrating food types.
Using a variety of media to explore and enjoy the creative satisfaction of various art activities –
Paint, collage, cutting, sticking, chalking, colouring, stencilling.
Links to Science:
Autumn pictures – free choice medium to be used.
Links to Guy Fawkes (History):
Winter pictures – free choice medium to be used.
Links to Christmas:
Enjoy a selection of art activities to make cards, decorations and presents.
Design and Technology:
Links to mapping and study of the United Kingdom.
Making a sandwich.
Making a useful object.
Making maps and locating features.
Poppy designs (History):
Design and make Christmas cards, envelopes and decorations.
Computing, P E and Music are planned for, taught and assessed by other teachers
Moi (All about me.)
Jeux et chanson (Games and songs.)
PSHE- Jigsaw Scheme.
Being Me in My World.